Will Trinidad & Tobago’s energy services suppliers outlast the country’s energy supply? This was one of the questions posed to the participants of the Joint Dialogue on the Trinidad & Tobago Private Sector Assessment Report (PSAR) by Dr. Carlos Elias, author of the PSAR, in Port of Spain, February 19. The Joint Dialogue was hosted by the Ministry of Planning and Sustainable Development, in collaboration with the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), and aimed to engage key public and private sector stakeholders on a set of proposed actions related to the six priority areas identified in the PSAR:
- Facilitating the expansion and specialization of the energy service sector;
- Improving the business climate with a focus on consumer protection and market efficiency;
- Ensuring competitive market mechanisms for imports into Trinidad and Tobago;
- Increasing access to finance;
- Creating employment opportunities for the young; and
- Filling in data gaps.